Re: Radionuclides in "Green Sand"-Are there any?

Dale, I'm going to break one of my own rules here and pitch in on something I

know very little about.   From the components of green sand the one that

struck me was potassium, as this contains about 800 pCi/g of the natural

radioisotope Potassium-40.   Could this be the source of the apparent enhanced level of

activiity in the treated water?   ( Unfortunately you give no indication of

the test methods or the likely isotopes).

If it is then the presence of this in the water will have no affect on the

health of the individuals drinking the water.   This is because 'the potassium

content of the body is under strict homeostatic control and is not influenced

by environmental levels.' Source Eisenbud   - Environmental radioactivity 3rd

ed. 1987.

Regards,

Julian