Re: " Scientists Say Dirty Bomb Would Be a Dud "

Dear colleagues,

I am writing a paper Radiological Accident in Goiania x RDD to be presented in any future Congress

In Goiania we have learned that many adverse problems we had to be faced with, besides the technical response, problems that were not written previously in any publications about emergency response planning and preparedness. I'll fix my point in this specific topic psychological concern and ask one question to help me in my paper:  The Goiania's accident caught Brazil by surprise, this will not be the case of a RDD - - USA has a high degree of education, comparing many other countries. My  question to colleagues: Isn't American citizen being educate to deal with this fact?

Thanks for the cooperation

If colleagues of another country could also cooperate, I'll appreciate

I would like to add, that the radioactive material mass  in Goiania was 93 grams (radioactive mass plus agglutinant)  and the volume  about 30 cubic centimeter (3.7 cm diameter and 3.0 cm. high)

Jose Julio Rozental

joseroze@netvision.net.il

Israel