Re: Prices of Gallon

    I think the interesting thing with which to compare the price per

gallon of gasoline is ordinary distilled water. After all, gasoline is

distilled also, not to mention that about 75 cents per gallon is paid to

the supplier country for the privilege of pumping the oil out from

beneath them with no real cost to them (nothing is paid for the raw

water used to make distilled water), that the oil has been transported

thousands of miles before getting to the distillery (not so for water),

and that a sizable fraction of the gasoline cost is tax (vs no tax for

distilled water). This comparison puts me in awe of how  mass production

economics works -- distilled oil is so much cheaper than distilled water.