Re: Article: Lung cancer screening raises OR LOWERS lung cancerrisk

My point is that not all organisms have the same

statements like that are what is wrong with many of

the studies that compare radiation and biological

respond the same as cell in the organism.  And, yes,

even simple cells respond to light differently.

--- Kai Kaletsch <eic@shaw.ca> wrote:

> John wrote: "When I was involved with animal

> testing, researchers did not

> use mice for studying emesis.  Rodents do not

> vomit."

> But, vomiting is not a basic cellular mechanism.

> The evolutionary factors that have programmed

> vomiting into us are much more

> recent than the ones that determine the cell's

> stimuli, such as heat, pressure, radiation or light.

> It is to be expected

> that there are differences between humans and mice

> when it comes to higher

> functions.

> Kai

=== message truncated ===

=====

"To be persuasive, we must be believable,

To be believable, we must be credible,

To be credible, we must be truthful."

Edward R. Murrow

-- John