Re: Article: Lung cancer screening raises OR LOWERS lung cancerrisk

Actually, you don't have to convince me.  You have to

convince the regulators and authorities.  How are you

doing at that?

--- Howard Long <hflong@pacbell.net> wrote:

> Public health DEMANDS benefit (hormesis) be balanced

> against harm!

> Dirty bomb cleanup that removed more than about 10

> rad max exposure would

> HARM all except those profiting from the unnecessary

> cleanup.

>  Is Chronic Radiation an Effective Prophylaxis

> Against Cancer?

> Journal of American Physicians and Surgeons Spring

> 2004 9:1,6-11 documents

> 1.5 congenital malformations/1000 <19 yoa (vs 23

> expected) and 3.5 cancers

> /100,000 person-years (vs 116 expected) for

> "radiation doses that averaged

> 0.4 Sv [40 c Sv, 40 rad] - a "collective dose" of

> 4,000 person-Sv".

> Also available at www.oism and www.aapsonline.org

> Do you still say, John, that, " -hormesis is not

> relevant to public health

> policies"?

> (below)

> Howard Long MD MPH

=====

"To be persuasive, we must be believable,

To be believable, we must be credible,

To be credible, we must be truthful."

Edward R. Murrow

-- John