Re: News: Los Alamos closed (?)

.  they weren't safety mishaps but security mishaps, and there were not a

"large number:"  Three or four (I forget exactly how many) pieces of electronic

media (either disks or CDs or removable hard drives that may  contain

classified information have been lost during the past couple of years and have not been

found.  From a security point of view this is indeed very serious.  Whether

the shurdown was warranted is not something I am in a position to decide.  I

say "may" contain classified information because any electronic media that has

had electronic cointact with a classified computer is considered classified,

even if it has nothing on it.

Ruth

RuthF. Weiner, Ph. D.

ruthweiner@aol.com