-----Original Message-----

From:  Peter.Vernig@med.va.gov

Date:  7/22/04 11:43 am

To:  sandyfl@earthlink.net,  Peter.Vernig@med.va.gov,  	radsafe@list.vanderbilt.edu

Subj:  RE: Badge Readings Part 2

Sandy and group,

A thought I had after sending was that maybe NVLAP program could assist in

evaluation of the discrepancy.  Would they be likely to do that or are  they

strictly a wrist slapping inspection agency.

BTW since regulations do not allow licensees to get dosimetry from a vendor

that is not NVLAP accredited shouldn't they drop the V = voluntary from

their name?  I guess the program is bigger than dosimetry however.

Any opinions in this e-mail are solely those of the author, and are not

represented as those of the VA Eastern Colorado HCS, the Dept. of Veterans

Affairs, or the US Government.

Peter G. Vernig, Radiation Safety Officer, VA Eastern Colorado Health Care

System, 1055 Clermont St. Denver, CO 80220, peter.vernig@med.va.gov,  Phone=

303.399.8020 x2447; Fax = 303.393.5026, alternate fax, 303.393.5248

"...whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is lovely, whatever is

admirable, if anything is found to be excellent or praiseworthy, let your

mind dwell on these things."

Paul of Tarsus