Radioprotection by Melatonin

Folks

Does anyone know why melatonin isn't part of the emergency response arsenal?  Seems to me that it's safety and efficacy are well enough established for use in that context, maybe more so than that of the chelating agents.  See the excellent review article in a recent Red Journal (Int J Rad Onc Biol Phys, vol 59 no 3, 1 july 2004, pp 639-653).

Cheers

cja

P.S.  Catherine, I did get your email. Thanks, and glad to hear that the Popcorn Fairy is such a world-traveler, and general gadabout.

Switch to Netscape Internet Service.

Netscape. Just the Net You Need.