Re: Re: MEDHP-SEC: Question about radiation exposure and emp

On 23 Jul 2004 at 22:09, davidhelton1@bellsouth.net wrote:

> Management, in lieu of firing or otherwise releasing someone from a

> company sometimes uses this tactic. It may merely be a ploy, to

> release someone and help prevent a possible comeback on grounds of

> illegal termination with the possibility of legal action following up

Doesn't appear to be a rational way to go about terminating an

employee, when it is management's action that is the cause of the

high dose in the first place. I also question why any management

would attempt this, knowing that the employee will take some type of

action, and, the regulators will most likely be brought in, causing

the facility potential regulatory issues, and, potential litigation.

This just doesn't seem to be a realistic explanation to the situation

described. It still seems to me to be lack of management oversight of

the radiation safety program.

Sandy Perle

Senior Vice President, Technical Operations

Global Dosimetry Solutions, Inc.

3300 Hyland Avenue

Costa Mesa, CA 92626

Tel: (714) 545-0100 / (800) 548-5100  Extension 2306

Fax: (714) 668-3149

E-Mail: sperle@dosimetry.com

E-Mail: sandyfl@earthlink.net

Personal Website: http://sandy-travels.com/