AW: K-40 in Coral

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----

Von: owner-radsafe@list.vanderbilt.edu

[mailto:owner-radsafe@list.vanderbilt.edu] Im Auftrag von

fbronson@canberra.com

Gesendet: Donnerstag, 12. August 2004 14:09

An: radsafe@list.vanderbilt.edu

Betreff: K-40 in Coral

Does anybody happen to know the approximate potassium concentration [or

better yet, the K-40 concentration] in "typical" Pacific island beach

"sand" made up of crushed coral?

thanks in advance

Frazier Bronson    CHP

Canberra

I do not know, what a „typical Pacific island beach sand“ is made of.

What is typical – something which satisfies pro’s and anti’s?????

Find out by the well accessible information about measurements in both

the reports on the contamination of the Marshall islands and the IAEA

report on the Mururoa investigations, which were by far the most

comprehensive ones ever done on any area affected by nuclear explosions.

I have been the head of the terrestrial working group of the Mururoa

Project, so please contact me – only – if  you feel it is necessary for

details.

#

Best regards,

Franz