request for help with Wikipedia article

Hi,

I'm not a professional (I have a BS in comp sci, spent a year as a

physics major, basically got as far as electromagnetism).  However, I

could use some help, and I've been following the archives here for

awhile so I thought I'd ask.

I'm an editor (and sysop) of the free Wikipedia encyclopedia -

http://en.wikipedia.org/ - and our Chernobyl article made it to

slashdot, so I was working on fact checking.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chernobyl_accident

In particular, it would be nice if you would let me know how much

radioactivity was released by the accident - I've seen figures on the

web ranging from 3 to 12 EBq.  Also, how much of that was long-lived

contamination (I assume by now Cs-137 is the most significant)?

Thanks much

Nathan

User:Pakaran on wikipedia