RE: " Nuclear reactor not necessary for medicine: doctors "

>"We can have access to state-of-the-art nuclear medicine by importing

some reactor-produced isotopes and producing the remainder here in

cyclotrons."

Similar to the Italian point of view - "We don't want any of that nasty

nuclear stuff in OUR country. Oh, umm, we still have a lot of cancer

patients who need internal emitter therapy and other needs for

radionuclides, guess we'll import them instead from outside at a huge

markup, that's fine."

Mike

Michael G. Stabin, PhD, CHP

Assistant Professor of Radiology and Radiological Sciences

Department of Radiology and Radiological Sciences

Vanderbilt University

1161 21st Avenue South

Nashville, TN 37232-2675

Phone (615) 343-0068