Re: Evolving radiation resistance

Of course, then this opens the issue of (1) you

identify individuals who are sensitive to a toxin; (2)

you refuse employment of that person; (3) this

demonstrates employment discrimination; and (4) you

loose your court case when sued for employment

discrimination.

This was the issue of women who sued National Lead in

the 1970s, I believe, for employment discrimination.

--- jjcohen <jjcohen@PRODIGY.NET> wrote:

> And to complicate matters further, if there were

> some objective scientific

> method of measuring the radiation

> resistance/sensitivity of individuals, it

> is reasonable to assume that for population groups,

> there would be a wide

> range even within specific localities and ethnic

> groups, as is the case with

> almost all other harmful agents. Setting reasonably

> safe exposure limits in

> such a situation could be somewhat tenuous. So the

> tacit, and incorrect ,

> assumption has been  that humans are homogeneous in

> this regard. Should the

> radiation protection community ever decide to deal

> with questions of

> variable radiation sensitivity who should they

> protect----- the average

> individual, the most sensitive individual, or what?

> Jerry Cohen

=====

"Everyone is ignorant, only on different subjects."

Will Rogers

-- John

John Jacobus, MS

Certified Health Physicist