Re: Evolving radiation resistance

And to complicate matters further, if there were some objective scientific

method of measuring the radiation resistance/sensitivity of individuals, it

is reasonable to assume that for population groups, there would be a wide

range even within specific localities and ethnic groups, as is the case with

almost all other harmful agents. Setting reasonably safe exposure limits in

such a situation could be somewhat tenuous. So the tacit, and incorrect ,

assumption has been  that humans are homogeneous in this regard. Should the

radiation protection community ever decide to deal with questions of

variable radiation sensitivity who should they protect----- the average

individual, the most sensitive individual, or what?

Jerry Cohen