Re: A good Hormetic Effect of Background Radiation is shown in a1973 AEC report.

Bernard Cohen wrote:

> Cancer rates vary from 17%

> in Rocky Mountain states to 23% in New England, whereas LNT predicts

> that only about 1-2% of all cancers are caused by background radiation,

> so everyone must agree that these other factors must be more important

> than radiation.

Just because LNT limits the detrimental effects of radiation to 1-2% of all

cases does not mean any beneficial effect is limited to the same value. I am

not aware of any study that can be used to put an upper limit to the

beneficial effect of radiation (if there is one) in the dose range that is

relevant here (an extra ~2 mSv/y maybe?). Do you know of any?

BTW, I agree that the study has severe limitations and one should not jump

to conclusions. But, I would rather see the limitations addressed than the

study dismissed because there are some limitations. It is still very

interesting data.

Kai