scientific journal:

Frigerio, N.A., Eckerman, K.F. and Stowe, R.S. (1973) Carcinogenic

Hazard from Low-Level, Low-Rate Radiation, Part I, Rep. ANL/ES-26.

Argonne Nat. Lab

	It shows that the six states with the highest background have

a cancer death rate 15% lower than the average for all the states.

The statistical certainty appears to be better than about 5 std dev.

The authors obviously planned to publish their results as reference

#24 in their report is to themselves as "to be published".  I have a

copy of the report I received from the first author about 25 years

ago. s

	I am currently trying to get a copy of the report on

Interlibrary loan from ANL.

Best wishes,

  John Cameron

--

John R. Cameron (jrcamero@wisc.edu)

3100 Lake Mendota Dr. #502, Madison, WI 53705  (608) 238-9694 until 10/20

2678 SW 14th Drive, Gainesville, FL 32608 Phone: (352) 371-9865 after 10/20/04

Visit  the Virtual Radiation Museum  (VRM), the first "Wing" in the

SCIENCE MUSEUM  at "http://www.sciencemuseum.us";.  My web page is

http://www.medphysics.wisc.edu/~jrc/