Re: A good Hormetic Effect of Background Radiation is shown in a1973 AEC report.

There is probably more to cancer risks than just

background radiation.  That is why epidemiologist are

employed to evaluate the validity of the results.

You may want to contact Keith Eckerman and ask him why

the report was not published.  He is at

eckermankf@ornl.gov

--- john cameron <jrcamero@wiscmail.wisc.edu> wrote:

> Colleagues, It is unfortunate that for some

> unforeseen reason the

> authors of the following report did not publish the

> results in a

> scientific journal:

> Frigerio, N.A., Eckerman, K.F. and Stowe, R.S.

> (1973) Carcinogenic

> Hazard from Low-Level, Low-Rate Radiation, Part I,

> Rep. ANL/ES-26.

> Argonne Nat. Lab

> 	It shows that the six states with the highest

> background have

> a cancer death rate 15% lower than the average for

> all the states.

> The statistical certainty appears to be better than

> about 5 std dev.

> The authors obviously planned to publish their

> results as reference

> #24 in their report is to themselves as "to be

> published".  I have a

> copy of the report I received from the first author

> about 25 years

> ago. s

> 	I am currently trying to get a copy of the report

> on

> Interlibrary loan from ANL.

> Best wishes,

>   John Cameron

> --

> John R. Cameron (jrcamero@wisc.edu)

> 3100 Lake Mendota Dr. #502, Madison, WI 53705  (608)

> 238-9694 until 10/20

> 2678 SW 14th Drive, Gainesville, FL 32608 Phone:

> (352) 371-9865 after 10/20/04

> Visit  the Virtual Radiation Museum  (VRM), the

> first "Wing" in the

> SCIENCE MUSEUM  at "http://www.sciencemuseum.us";.

> My web page is

> http://www.medphysics.wisc.edu/~jrc/

> Majordomo@list.vanderbilt.edu  Put the

> text "unsubscribe radsafe" (no quote marks) in the

> body of the e-mail,

> with no subject line. You can view the Radsafe

> archives at

> http://www.vanderbilt.edu/radsafe/

=====

"Everyone is ignorant, only on different subjects."

Will Rogers

-- John

John Jacobus, MS

Certified Health Physicist