Re: Hormetic Effects of Radiation should not be limited to cancer

My apologies for the fact that the Table was garbled..  I give an

ungarbled version here. As shown, the exposures are 2.5, 5.0, and 7.5

cGy. All numberes are relative to 100 for unexposed mice.

Effects of radiation on immune response.  Different columns are percent

of response to various tests in unexposed mice to response in mice

exposed as indicated [15]. PFC = plaque forming cell; MLC = mixed

lymphocyte culture, used as  test of T-cell function; Con A =

concanavalin-A,  lectin that stimulates T-lymphocytes; NK = natural

killer cells which recognize and kill tumor cells; ADCC = anti-body

dependent cell mediated cytotoxicity, which assists NK activity.

Test                            2.5 cGy         5 cGy          7.5cGy

PFC Reaction             110               143                 174

MLC Reaction             109               133                 122

Reaction to Con A      191                155                 530

NK activity                    112               109                 119

ADCC Activity             109               128                 132