RE: Hormetic Effects of Radiation should not be limited to cancer

Ten years ago I did many experiments involving irradiation of cells in

culture. Here no immunesystem is active. Always I could detect hormetic

effects in survival of treated cells in the lower doses of irradiation.

Another possibile mechanism could be improved DNA repair under stress. Also

in the change from normalcells to cancercells in vivo, DNA-repair (or

misrepair) could play a vital role. I think research to the mechanism of

hormesis should not be limited to the immunesystem.

André Geerdink