AW: Dr Eric Voice - no Pu-expert on RADSAFE?

Franz Schoenhofer

PhD, MR iR

Habicherg. 31/7

A-1160 Vienna

AUSTRIA

phone -43-0699-1168-1319

there

> is

> some intersesting information that is probably correct there.  Plus, I

> know

> how to snip replies, not post in HTML, and even use a semi-colon.

Even if

> do start some sentences with "And".  So there.

> Regards,

> Jim

Jim,

Interesting web site! I read it very carefully and would like to state

the following:

This is one of those sites, which contain doubtlessly correct

information as well as a lot of nonsense. To me it seems easy to

separate the correct one from the nonsense:

The article is obviously from October 1999. Does anybody know about the

publication which was according to this report scheduled for the

following year?

Any injection or inhalation of soluble plutonium compounds can not be

used for comparison of inhalation of particles. This seems even to be

backed by two official funders of the experiment, European Commission

and UK Health and Safety Executive - I do not assume that their citation

is wrong. So this part of the report is obviously correct. On the other

side, using this "research" to claim that the result was that "plutonium

is harmless" is scientifically nonsense. This "research" is an excellent

example for a wrongly planned experiment, obviously intended to achieve

a desired result. (I hope I am wrong.)

The last paragraph in the report about plutonium particles released from

nuclear reactors and reprocessing, they being environmentally mobile and

the passing of particles (!) through the lung walls directly to the

lymph nodes is absolute nonsense.

This leads me to the question: Are there really no experts on plutonium

metabolism which would comment on it? I know that there is enough data

available. A source for impact of plutonium particles via inhalation

might be the report on the International Mururoa Project, Terrestrial

Group published in 1997. (I know one expert who contributed much to the

plutonium chapter, but I do not want to volunteer him.)

Best regards,

Franz