Re: Dose Rate in Bragin, Belarus

>From: "Careway, Harold A. (GE Energy)" <Harold.Careway@gene.GE.com>

>I received the following question indirectly from an associate. "Where we

>were (Bregin - 5.5 miles from Chernobyl right across the river)

>the radiation level is 68 quire points versus 12 quire points a normal

>amount of radiation.

Based on the magnitude of the numbers, I immediately thought ur per hour, or

microroentgen per hour.

Then I remembered...

http://www.kiddofspeed.com/chapter23.html

Looks like Megakilo Pascals divided by four to me.  Sorry if someone already

posted that; I get the digest. :-)

Regards,

Jim

Lotsa queer points here.

--

Hold the door for the stranger behind you. When the driver in the adjacent

lane signals to get over, slow down. Smile and say "hi" to the folks you

pass on the sidewalk. Give blood. Volunteer.