Melanoma in Chernobyl Population

I recently had a conversation with a surgeon who specializes in the

treatment of melanoma.  He mentioned that there is anecdotal evidence of

an increase in the incidence of melanoma in those exposed as a result of

the Chernobyl accident.  While he was cautious in drawing conclusions,

he said that he had treated three members of the same family (husband,

wife and daughter) for melanoma.  The family had lived in the area at

the time of the accident and the husband worked at the facility.

I've searched the interenet and found only news articles that are

poorly, if at all, referenced.  Has anyone seen any studies on this

subject?

Thanks.

Gerald Nicholls

NJ Department of Environmental Protection

609-633-7964