RE: Letter to the Editor of the Columbus Dispatch

>And you really think, that anybody except Otto G. Raabe will be excited and convinced by this letter?

I'd have to side with Otto on this one; I thought the letter was effective because it was short and to the point, and used some simple analogies that people could relate to, in order to bring some perspective (similar to Andy K's approach on NPR). Also, there were similarities to the Caldicott vs. Peterson entry from Monday. Sometimes people who are still making up their minds look at the tenor and style of the presenters as much as their specific facts. I think the ranting fear mongers are losing ground against reasonable, straightforward presentations of "respect it, don't fear it".

Mike

Michael G. Stabin, PhD, CHP

Assistant Professor of Radiology and Radiological Sciences

Department of Radiology and Radiological Sciences

Vanderbilt University

1161 21st Avenue South

Nashville, TN 37232-2675

Phone (615) 343-0068