RE: Shipping samples under DOT HM-230 Final Rule on Trasportationof Radioactive Material

In my previous message I calculated that at 54 pCi/g it would take about a

half a ton of soil to meet the quantity exemption amount for Pu-238.  I made

a calculation error.  It would only take about 5 kgs of soil.

A. Joseph Nardi

Westinghouse Electric Company

P.O. Box 355

Pittsburgh, PA 15230