Re: Re: Vanity Fair Article on DU - with an Ed Battle recommendation of Rokke!

My DOD friends and I have briefly conferred on this article. They essentially told me that the author apparently had no intention to be objective.

The article presents nothing original and is little more that an articulate rehash of the usual tired old material from activist websites.

I think that it is well known that Ed Battle regrets his hyperbole on Rokke's OERs, but it is better for Ed to speak for himself on this matter.

It would be nice if Rokke would also release the words that were written when he was let go from the Army Chemical School. Of course, if he did that, it would violate the activists' tenet of ignoring anything that doesn't support their point of view.

The article's author has access to my and others' previous rebuttals of Rokke's drivel and chose to ignore them (see previous paragraph). The consensus of my DOD friends and me is that the time spent writing a letter to the editor would be better spent contemplating our navels.

Bob C