Re: Genetic Effects?

As far as I know, the possibility exists but how would you obtain a viable

correlation? A big problem is that its too hard to separate out a

radiation-cause from all the other environmental contributors everyone is

exposed to 24-7, including the natural unspecific cancers and mutations that

occur naturally in any population. I suppose a controlled lab tissue study could

be done, but how does that extrapolate to the whole organism? Differences

between people, species, sexes, age, etc. etc. ? Does that point mutation

continue or does it wash out? How large is large, and what kind of radiation?

Mutations can likely be produced with tiny amounts, but in the right "spot". See

how complex it gets? With a very large dose, I would consider cell death as the

issue rather than mutations anyway. I would think this one is hard to call.

-Russ