Re: "proof" of In-flight radiation benefit : like hypertension treatment?

As Jim pointed out, this study does not prove the

claims made as many questions, e.g., age distribution,

has not been studies.  As a physician, you should know

that cancers are rare in young populaitons.  How does

cancer and age distribution compare with the doses

levels?  How do these ratios compare to the cancers in

a cohort, unexposed population?

Correlation does not mean that is a casual

relationship.

Use of radiation to arrest gangrene does not enter

into this discussion.

--- howard long <hflong@pacbell.net> wrote:

> John,

> The data from Taiwan, a natural experiment, has been

> carefully studied. I hope that Luan will comment on

> your not finding the few cancers and deformities

> related to dosage in his article.

> Mine would be that you impose a "Catch 22". There

> were so few cancers and deformities (where many

> would be expected in a similar population c 10,000

> over 9-20 years)!

> Your  small numbers problem does not exist when a

> medicine always cures!

> If only radiation were as effective in curing

> gangrene as Jerry Cuttler finds and in preventing

> cancer as Taiwan data suggests!  Physicians will be

> gratefull for a fraction of that!

> Howard Long

> John Jacobus <crispy_bird@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Extraordianry claims require extraordinary proof. If

> you read the article,

> http://aapsonline.org/jpands/vol9no1/chen.pdf there

> is

> no correlation with the exposures with the diagnosed

> conditions. Maybe all of the cancer deaths and

> congenital defects occurred in those with high

> exposures. Better yet, the is NO correlation between

> exposure values and effects. All of the data was

> lumped together.

> Maybe that is why the title ends in a question mark.

> You really need to read more carefully.

> --- howard long wrote:

> > Also elementary, it would be even more convincing

> if

> > there were ZERO cases of deformity (instead of

> just

> > 3) among radiation exposed, pregnant women, where

> 23

> > were expected from comparable population.

> > Howard Long

> > Reuven wrote:

> > ANY INFERENCE / CONCLUSION / ETC. based on an

> > observation of 3 (!) children MUST be suspected

> and

> > deemed SCIENTIFICALLY insufficient!!!

> > This is elementary, Dr. Watson.

=== message truncated ===

=====

"That government is the strongest of which every man feels himself a part."

Thomas Jefferson

-- John

John Jacobus, MS

Certified Health Physicist