RE: Hormesis - Ever enough evidence for approval of authorities?

Jim,

I think you have clearly laid out the issues of why a

detailed study needs to be done.  Like you, I am at a

loss to understand why this kind of study has not been

done.  Why has the Taiwanese health authorites not

taken this on?

--- "Muckerheide, James" <jimm@WPI.EDU> wrote:

> Hi Howard,

> I guess I haven't made myself clear.  Your 'case' re

> the WHI is irrelevant.

> That is an acutal study.  I don't care about results

> or whether it is good or

> bad.

> But this problem has been addressed repeatedly, and

> I don't know why it isn't

> clearly understood:

> We have no formal data in Taiwan.  We don't know how

> many cancer cases there

> are, back to 198x?  1983? 2- or 5- or 10-year lag?

> Even if we did, we don't know the size or age of the

> group?  Or the age of

> the cancer cases.  If the dramatic difference holds

> up, other confounding

> factors would likely be trivial, but they need to be

> addressed in any event.

> We have no actual data.

> We do have an indication that there is a benefit

> using the gross data from

> media reports.  This is actually more important as a

> public challenge to the

> responsible authorities to demonstrate that they are

> suppressing the relevant

> data (including the HPS LNT-committed leadership?

> using John Boice as an

> apologist), for the failure to expect/demand that

> the relevant data be

> evaluated.  The communication on this by

> knowledgeable HPS members seems to

> have been inadequate to document the culpability of

> the HPS leadership in

> suppressing the study of the taiwan data.

> Regards, Jim

=== message truncated ===

=====

"That government is the strongest of which every man feels himself a part."

Thomas Jefferson

-- John

John Jacobus, MS

Certified Health Physicist