Re: Using linear or hormetic model? Re: Comments, article on Taiwancobalt-60 exposures

You are missing the point.  You need to analyze the

data first and then propose a model.  If the data fits

a hormetic model, then that would be appropriate.

However, Figure 2 does not reflect the data since it

is unclear what if the relationship between dose and

effect for the data presented.

How can you say the dose values are not important?

--- Jerry Cuttler <jerrycuttler@rogers.com> wrote:

> "where is the correlation between those who

> developed cancers and the doses recieved?  That is

> what was done with the

> Japanses atomic bomb survivors."

> It seems some people are trying to fit a linear

> model as was done in the LSS.  If we open our minds

> to the possibility that a hormetic model (see Figure

> 2 in the article) is applicable, then accurate

> values of the doses received are not important.

=====

"That government is the strongest of which every man feels himself a part."

Thomas Jefferson

-- John

John Jacobus, MS

Certified Health Physicist