Re: Courses for Laser Safety Officer

Steve - there are at least 3 providers of LSO training - Laser Institute of

America (based in Orlando - laserinstitute.org), Rockwell Laser Industries

in Cincinnati (rli.com) and CSI-Radiation Safety Academy in Maryland

(RadiationSafetyAcademy.com).  All are top notch.

Joe Greco

_____________________________

Joseph M. Greco, CHP

Radiation/Laser Safety Officer

Eastman Kodak Company

Rochester NY 14652-6261

voice:  585-588-3324

fax:       585-588-0825

email:   joseph.greco@kodak.com

motto:  "illegitimi non carborundum"

                      Steven.Conatser@MED.VA

                      .GOV                           To:      radsafe@list.vanderbilt.edu

                      Sent by:                       cc:

                      owner-radsafe@list.van         Subject: Courses for Laser Safety Officer

                      derbilt.edu

                      12/03/2004 11:18 AM

                      Please respond to

                      Steven.Conatser

Hello, group:  Could I get some recommendations on laser safety officer

courses, and how I may contact appropriate personnel that give those

courses?  Of those that you recommend, what are your likes and dislikes

about the courses?

If you choose to contact me directly, I'll provide a summary to RadSafe.

Sincerely,

Steve Conatser

RSO, VAMC Detroit

John D. Dingell VA Medical Center

ATTN:  Radiation Safety Officer (001P-RSO)

4646 John R. Street

Detroit, MI  48201