RE: Welding Rods Containing Thorium

Leo

I my memory is correct, the AECB, via ACRP, reviewed the risk of thorium

welding rods. We decided that, since the source would be difficult to

control, the introduction of a regulation would be counter productive. Doug

may remenber the details.

The only current Canadian "rule" that I know of is HC's NORM guideline.

Best regards, as always

John

 _________________

John R Johnson, Ph.D.