Re: warming

Hi Andy,

Just want to say thank you for your comments which seem to place mankind

into a more appropriate perspective than the environmental pedestals

erected by those overly enamored with the power of puny humans. I remain

much more impressed by the energy displayed in thunderstorms and

volcanos than by our toys (including the aggregated nuclear weapons and

power plants). And there is no need to invoke quaint references to

Mother Nature, et al  -- volcanic energy is intrinsically awesome; not

Mother, or Father; just the relative raw energy in a volcano,

thunderstorm, or simple dust devil.

Maybe there is danger that we might develop a wet towel for the sun

....  <g>

Please know that I feel great respect for those who attribute such great

destructive prowess to us. I believe, however, that the weight of the

evidence suggests only minuscule anthropogenic contributions  to the

small global changes being observed. We'll know more in just a few

hundred years....   Sigh ....

In the meantime, political variables will continue to reign supreme over

science. It is obvious that Russia signed the Kyoto Treaty for the

contrived monetary benefits, not for reasons based on environmental

science. Efforts to undercut the US economy are now advanced.

Cheers,

Maury            maurysis@ev1.net