Re: Airline, Shipping firms refuse to carry radio-active materals

Boby Mathew writes:

"...What i am worried is that, there are so many developing nations who are

importing short-lived radio-nuclides for nuclear medicine use. What will

happen to innocent patients who need nuclear medicine for imaging and

therapy. Of course research is another area that will be suffering because

of this."

 Here in the non-developing (un-developing?) USA we import most of the short

lived radionuclides used in nuclear medicine also.  I believe 100% of the

Mo-99/Tc-99m used in the US is imported.  Here our slogan is  "What, me

worry?"

Clayton J. Bradt, CHP

Principal Radiophysicist

NYS Dept. of Labor