AW: Background information

Monica,

I do not know the person, but I might guess something from his name:

"Durakovic" is a typical slavic name as used most probably in Serbia,

Montenegro, Bosnia or in Kosovo. His first name "Asaf" seems to me to be

a muslim name, so that I would cautiously trace his roots to Kosovo or

Montenegro. On the other hand he might be as well an American citizen,

child of immigrants.

--------

I paused for about two minutes and had a look on Google myself - and

what I found within those two minutes including opening and closing

Google is dozens of hits for this name, all in connection with clearly

anti-DU-issues. (Anti-DU is not necessarily the same as anti-nuclear.)

Since the presentation is entitled "Uranium and Health" you can imagine

what to expect, but you could of course visit the sites mentioned in

Google and draw your conclusions. I just wonder, how long it takes you

to "perform a quick google search"!!!

Regarding your remark on "what Robert Kennedy Jr. said": Whatever this

person said or Putin or Chirac or Schroeder or Mao Tse Tung or Clinton

or or or or: It is politics, should never be taken serious and the

"opinion" of politicians change within a second if they think it is

favourable for them and they do not have the slightest problem to

explain suasively why now everything is different. We even had about

twenty years ago a case in Austria when a prominent anti-nuclear member

of parliament voted for the opening of the moth-balled nuclear power

plant at Zwentendorf, simply because his party was advocating it.

Best regards,

Franz Schoenhofer

PhD, MR iR

Habicherg. 31/7

A-1160 Vienna

AUSTRIA

phone -43-0699-1168-1319

---

night

> he is giving a presentation entitled "Uranium & Health" in Port Hope,

> Ontario.  We have a few very active anti-nuclear groups in the area

and I

> am

> not sure if he was invited by one of those groups.  I am just now

doing a

> quick google search to try and determine if this presentation will be

anti

> focused or a fair representation.  If anyone has any previous

experience

> with him, please provide a quick overview of what I may expect.

> BTW some of you may be interested by the website of one of our anti

> groups.

> They reference an interview with Robert Kennedy Jr. where he states:

> "Port

> Hope has been called upon to make itself the national sacrifice zone

for

> Canada. The question Canadians have to ask themselves is how much are

we

> going to allow the people of Port Hope to bargain about the destiny of

> their

> community."

> Check it out if you get a chance.

> ph-fare.com

> Thanks in advance for any feedback.

> Monica

> monica.oosting@zircatec.ca

> IMPORTANT NOTICE:

> This email is confidential, may be legally privileged, and is for the

> intended recipient only. Access, disclosure, copying, distribution, or

> reliance on any of it by anyone else is prohibited and may be a

criminal

> offence. Please delete if obtained in error and e-mail confirmation to

the