Re: Chernobyl fallout and Swedish cancer incidence

The commons were mine in reference to another

responder to your original message commenting on this

Swedish report.

I admire your thoughtful comments in which you point

out the limitations of the work and your indicate what

your personal views are.  As you noted in a previous

post that their are some who have an agenda, and will

praise the benefits of low doses without analyzing the

existance of such results.  They are no better or

worse than those who see harm from low doses, in that

their wishes may influence their statements.

--- Bjorn Cedervall <bcradsafers@HOTMAIL.COM> wrote:

> >Your views and wishes do not make good science.

> I don't know who or what this refers to. I do not

> have any wishes in this

> and I definitely don't believe that fallout from

> Chernobyl in Sweden has

> increased our average lifetime (the radiation dose

> from natural background

> is much larger for most types of comparisons - even

> for the first year after

> Chernobyl exploded - there are some local exceptions

> but I question whether

> meaningful statistics could be based on these people

> - besides - in this

> study the authors hadn't even analyzed doses - only

> deposition of Cs-137).

> My personal ideas only,

> Bjorn Cedervall   bcradsafers@hotmail.com

> Majordomo@list.vanderbilt.edu  Put the

> text "unsubscribe radsafe" (no quote marks) in the

> body of the e-mail,

> with no subject line. You can view the Radsafe

> archives at

> http://www.vanderbilt.edu/radsafe/

=====

"Ancient Rome declined because it had a Senate; now what's going to happen to us with both a Senate and a House?"

Will Rogers

-- John

John Jacobus, MS

Certified Health Physicist