Re: RadSafe Viruses

On 18 Dec 2004 at 17:58, Otto G. Raabe wrote:

> Anyone on RadSafe who does not have a good virus protection program

> that is updated at least weekly, and who doesn't have a good spy

> program remover program that is run weekly, can be virtually certain

> that their computer is infected and may be the source of the daily

> computer viruses that we all receive and may be sending out some

> private data to some computer hacker

Otto,

Thanks.

Actually, if you don't subscribe to a real-time anti-virus update

program, you're still quite vulnerable. I use 2 anti-virus programs,

and on average, I receive as many as 6 updates daily. I use Sophos

Anti-Virus and Trend Micro. I also have Zone Alarm running all the

time.

The problem with most viruses today is that the virus assumes so many

identities from the infected unit, and sends out even more messages

(with a virus attached) where the message looks like it comes from a

known individual. Anyone who looks at the Subject of the E-Mail can

pretty much figure out which one's are infected with a virus. If the

subject looks suspicious,, don't open the E-Mail. Sad to say, the

virus writers are becoming more clever, and in some cases, the

attachment doesn't need to be opened for the virus to be executed.

That is why I echo Otto's comment, get a virus checker, even if you

only update weekly. It helps. However, splurge and get a better

system and obtain as many updates daily, whenever there is a new

virus profile issued.

Sandy Perle

Senior Vice President, Technical Operations

Global Dosimetry Solutions, Inc.

2652 McGaw Avenue

Irvine, CA 92614

Tel: (949) 296-2306 / (888) 437-1714 Extension 2306

Fax:(949) 296-1144

Global Dosimetry Website: http://www.dosimetry.com/

Personal Website: http://sandy-travels.com/