Re: Further thoughts on carcinogens

>     According to Dr. Ames, many common foodstuffs would be declared

>carcinogens based on results of the Ames test if they were industrial

>chemicals. Among the most "carcinogenic" are pepper seasoning, celery, and

>peanuts.

----

I heard a talk by prof. Ames and others on this topic around 1989. The

bottom line was that most foods seemed to contain mutagens. For many

vegetables natural pesticides (against insects etc) proved to be mutagens

(hmm... here is my explaination for all the candy, chocolate cakes etc I had

recently).

Bjorn Cedervall   bcradsafers@hotmail.com