Subject:    Gross Alpha/Beta Readings

Author:     owner-radsafe@list.vanderbilt.edu

Date:       1/5/2005 6:46 PM

       We took gross alpha/beta background reference area measurements

       inside of building for a recent survey.  Then for another

       survey we had to take background reference area readings

       outside on concrete and asphalt.  The outside gross background

       measurements were higher outside than for the inside readings.

       Samples were taken in the outside areas and showed no activity

       distinguishale from background.  How would one explain the

       higher readings outside??

       Dan

.