Re: AW: On the topic of consent forms....

I remember seeing a warning sign at a rest stop in

Arizonia that said "WARNING: snakes and scorpions"

(sic).  It didn't say anything about signing a consent

form if you decided to take a short hike.

--- Franz Schönhofer <franz.schoenhofer@CHELLO.AT>

wrote:

> ?????? Russ, do you really advocate that all

> national parks or national

> monuments or whatsoever in the USA should be guarded

> by „plenty of

> soldiers“ and opened only two days per year? Trinity

> Site is “safe”

> whatever this may mean, Rocky Flats is according to

> what I read to be

> decontaminated far below any legal limits for

> radioactivity. Why

> restrict access, why place soldiers everywhere? Are

> terrorists supposed

> to carry away tens of thousands of tons to extract a

> few grams of old

> plutonium to construct a dirty bomb? To guard an

> area which has been

> cleaned up below legal limits by soldiers is really

> the last idea we

> radiation protection professionals should aim to!

> Judging from my very extensive travel in the

> US-South-West I found most

> of the signs that warned for “strenuous hikes” and

> that elderly persons

> and those affected by heart problems etc. should not

> go to the 100 m far

> away overlook simply annoying. I guess that this was

> just to protect the

> parks from legal action from persons who would claim

> that their coronary

> infarction was related to a visit to the site in

> question 20 years

> before the infarction. For the same purpose a sign

> at the park entrances

> would be more than sufficient.

> Best regards,

> Franz Schoenhofer

> PhD, MR iR

> Habicherg. 31/7

> A-1160 Vienna

> AUSTRIA

> phone (international) -43-699-1168-1319

> phone (national) 0699-1168-1319

=====

"The real threat to the life of the nation, in the sense of a people living in accordance with its traditional laws and political values, comes not from terrorism but from laws such as these."

LORD HOFFMAN, of Britain's highest court, which ruled against indefinite detention of terror suspects

-- John

John Jacobus, MS

Certified Health Physicist

e-mail:  crispy_bird@yahoo.com