Re: Alarms at Borders

What are the legal limits at the border? Would the check source on an old

Civil Defense CDV-700 Geiger Counter set off such an alarm? Is there any

problem with bringing that across the border?

The radium check sources have substantially reduced output due to the

relatively short half-life, while the uranium check sources are essentially

at their initial radioactivity.

There isn't much indication on the CDV-700 at a distance of one foot, but

right against the source it clicks like crazy with the shield open.

Thanks!

Richard