RE: Alarms at Borders

Hello, John,

Now, here is something I don't understand:

(a) The quantity of radioactivity introduced into the patient is considered

harmless by the medical profession, therefore they don't feel compelled to

discuss this with the patient.

(b) The person is obviously not carrying a large sealed source and that a

small amount of leakage was detected (where would it be hidden)? Certainly

they could be searched.

Why are the DHS limits for radioactivity lower than those considered safe

by the medical community?

Why would the person be detained if they were searched and weren't carrying

anything large and shielded?

What am I missing?

Thanks!

Richard