RE: question concerning stress tests

I don't think it would be quite that simple.  Yes, the interpretation would be simple, but maintaining records from all the potential sources would be difficult.  If you are tracking the major exposures, you end up tracking the minor ones, too, because they add up.  So the dentist, and the cardiologist and the internist and the osteopath and the endocrinologist all have to get their reports coordinated so that the total could be kept up accurately.

As it is now, the  MDs MIGHT share information, but probably wouldn't - the records for the stress test are in Dr. Hart's files, the barium swallow study is with Dr. S.O. Fagus, Dr. Pat Ellas did several films while you were in traction, Dr. Glenn Dular administered I131, and they don't even go to the same country club, much less admit to the same hospital.

And not one of them would have a way of knowing about the six bite wings Dr. Fang did during your root canal, not to mention the routine diagnostics.

So short of a unified medical ID card and centralized records (Shades of Hillary! -and I don't mean Sir Edmund ... ), this is unlikely to happen.

NB - all but one of these happened to me :-)  Names are changed to protect the oblivious.

Dave Neil