RE: question concerning stress tests

I don't think so, because the workload of somebody that's estimating doses prior to

exams is going to be very heavy, and require quick response time.  That person would

not have time to scratch, let alone perform the radiation safety functions required by a

hospital.

-Gary Isenhower

On 13 Jan 2005 at 13:12, Stabin, Michael <michael.g.stabin@vanderbilt.edu> wrote:

>If this idea caught on, it could be the start of a new kind of

> dosimetrist.  Working in Dx imaging, this person would maintiain dose

> information in the patient's chart and advise the physician on doses and

> potiential dose effects prior to imaging procedures.  I think its a good

> idea but I suspect that most physicians would not agree.

Any competent physicist or health physicist in the hospital could do

this easily, given the easy lookup resources available. No one would

have to fund a new position. It would be easy to keep cumulative

records, just for physicians to be aware of when ordering tests.

Mike

Michael G. Stabin, PhD, CHP