Re: Fw: Battle wounds from Iraq

Hi Charlie,

There is plenty of reason to share Coralie's sorrow regarding the loss

of life as well as the plethora of losses short of death. However, there

are large numbers of people never exposed to Iraq and never exposed to

DU who have contracted lukemia. A great deal of effort has been expended

to determine the health effects, if any, of exposure to DU. There is

essentially no evidence supporting any effects of radiation from DU and

many findings showing no radiation effects. The minor dangers from DU

are chemical toxicity which has no relation to lukemia. That danger has

been found minor because it is not at all easy to experience exposure to

this toxicity unless one is in a tank hit by a DU munition -- in which

case poisoning is hardly a concern.

I wish she might have spelled out the "many vaccinations/injections

given within a few weeks' which might account for both a stroke and a

heart attack. Of course, all things are possible, but if this

circumstance had a causal effect, then surely we  would have observed a

huge number of such results  in many nations since WW1. Thus far, I've

not heard of any war that to some degree was not an environmental

disaster????

There are (always have been and will be) plenty of things 'wrong' in the

world without folks dredging up these kinds of attributions. I'd so much

rather see people sincerely say thank you for what you have done for me

and for all of us.

Ah, the vagaries of human nature .... I am grateful to those who oppose

militant terrorism in other parts of the world instead of having to live

with the daily problems visible in Israel and Iraq.

You are welcome to convey or not these thoughts to Ms. Farlee though I'd

not expect her to be comforted or convinced of changes by them.

Cheers,

Maury&Dog     maurysis@ev1.net