Re:China Promotes Another Boom: Nuclear Power

On Sun January 16 05 12:09 pm, Stabin, Michael wrote:

> "We don't have a very good plan for dealing with spent fuel, and we

> don't have very good emergency plans for dealing with catastrophe," said

> Wang Yi, a nuclear energy expert at the Chinese Academy of Sciences in

> Beijing. "The nuclear interest group wants to push this technology, but

> they don't understand the risks for the future. They want to make money.

> But we scientists, we want to take a very comprehensive approach,

> including safety, environment, dealing with waste and other factors, and

> not rush into anything."

Yes that's true Of course; but then again who cares if it is a beautiful sunny

healthy clear day low ozone, UV index day outside if you are worried about

electricity bill and are hungry for food in the stomach.

So yes I'd say Let them Build the plants, give the people the opportunity of

having a well airconditioned house (shelter);  freezers, refrigerators,

electric stove for meal preparation and cooking(food), etc. and let them

worry about waste disposal afterwards.

I don't know but, Don't the shelter and food come first?