REQUEST FOR HELP

Hello:

This is a request for help in locating some Am-241 disc sources.  I have

exhausted my search engine.  Seems like the companies I talked to, those

listed on the Health Physics home page, are not interested in the

millicurie ranges I am looking for.

The specifications I am looking for are:

Isotope:  Am-241

Activity:  1, 10, and 100 millicurie

Size:  25 millimeter active diameter

Construction:  electrodeposited and bonded on a polished metal surface.

Certification:  NIST traceability

Amount:  one of each listed activity above.

Our facility supports national security interests and any help in referring

me to a source manufacturer or someone with the above type sources in

excess storage, would be greatly appreciated.  Please respond to me

directly at:      bnasca@kcp.com

Thank you,

Brent M. Nasca

Health Physics

National Nuclear Security Administration’s Kansas City Plant

Operated by Honeywell Federal Manufacturing & Technologies, LLC

Fax:     (816) 997-7257

Phone:  (816) 997-7197

Pager:  (816) 458-0399

www.kcp.com