AW: AW: Outlook for European NPP by Strategic Forecasting, Inc.

Gary,

I really dislike your obvious intention to ask me to "shut up". It is my

sincere opinion - and I have written it many times on RADSAFE - that

radiation protection is not a matter of science, but of politics.

Therefore I believe that such questions and especially answers are

totally in accordance with the RADSAFE agenda. The article criticized by

me is a really good example confirming my opinion. Especially since it

is totally wrong, obviously written in the "Cold War Style" and a more

than questionable result of a more than questionable "Institute" which

without any doubt has a political agenda. Hailing this nonsense is in my

opinion even worse than the worst anti-nuclear propaganda like the

"Tooth Fairy Project", because we radiation protection professionals

claim to be honest and not to follow political agenda.

Thank you that you appreciated my expertise in some cases. Thank you as

well to articulate your negative feelings about my recent comment in a

polite way. But I have to (hopefully politely) reject and criticize some

of your comments.

I have no negative feelings on your country and the people living there,

just the other way round. I have a lot of friends "over there", I have

been since about 15 years almost every year in the USA, some years even

twice. At the moment I plan for my next visit in about two months. From

this you might deduce that I also like your country.

What I do not like - and believe me that I am not alone in this world -

is the recent politics. If you are interested in my opinion I would

agree to discuss it in private, but sure not on RADSAFE.

I insist that use of nuclear power would reduce demand for oil, emission

of green house gases - whether this would reduce global warming or not.

I respect your opinion about oil not having been a reason for the Iraq

war, but I would expect that you respect my - and many others - opinion

that this was the main reason. There are many other productive countries

not using the same percentage of electrical energy like the USA. I do

not use an electric can opener, I have no air-conditioner at home, I use

energy-saving light bulbs, I switch off lights when leaving a room etc.

If you look around in shopping malls in the USA you will hardly find

anything produced in the USA.

I suppose that you cannot deny that the USA has not done anything during

the last years (decades) to promote nuclear energy. The European

situation concerning nuclear energy is not at all positive, which I will

write in a separate mail.

I do not want to comment on your other comments like the one on our

neighbors.

I do not know whether you speak any language except English, but if you

do I would recommend to read the on-line editions of some European

leading papers. You would be very surprised about the really harsh and

negative opinions on recent US politics.

Best regards,

Franz

Franz Schoenhofer

PhD, MR iR

Habicherg. 31/7

A-1160 Vienna

AUSTRIA

phone -43-0699-1168-1319

Inc.

> Franz

> I have appreciated your expertise in your past contributions to

Radsafe,

> but you often

> tack on insulting political commentaries.  I know you take a dim view

of

> my country.  I

> happen to like it, so I would appreciate it if you would restrain your

> tendency toward anti-

> American rants.  We are an active, productive country, so we use a lot

of

> energy.  Why

> is that unacceptable to you?  Is there somebody that can't buy oil

because

> we bought it

> all?  I always thought the supply was deliberately limited by oil

> producing countries so as

> to maximize their profits.

> Perhaps you feel that Americans have too much.  I would guess that you

> have a

> neighbor within a few miles of where you live that has much less than

you