RE: more Durakovic, uranium in body

At my last position we performed a large number of Uranium bioassay

tests every year.  The method of preference was wet ashing/digestion

followed by analysis with a laser kinetic phosphorimetry unit.  It was

certainly not uncommon to get a positive result for Uranium in urine.

These were low, less than a fraction of a part per million, but they

were statistically well above the detection limit for the instrument.

If the program goes through, I suspect that we will hear stories of

“positive results” with no mention of the actual values, statistical

comparison to a background population, uncertainty in the measurement,

impact of the relatively small study population, etc. etc. etc.

Bill McDowell