RE: I-131 Volatility Ratio

Dear Jon:

In the days when NRC made it illegal to stabilize NaI-131 against

volatility when used in nuclear medicine (yes, NRC really did this), I

measured the volatility of two patient doses which had been kept at room

temperature.  One was 10% volatile, the other 13%, as I recall.  This was

without any heat being applied.  (Today, all doses are stabilized.)

Ciao, Carol