Anyone know about this? Meter for First Responder HEU detection.

Hi all:

Regarding the question as to what [relatively inexpensive]meter might be

used to detect HEU take a look at the following surplus inventory  which

I'm assisting a company in marketing. This unit is currently being offered

for sale on eBay:

LUDLUM MODEL 12-12 Pu Plutonium WASTE ESTIMATOR

DELIVERED W/ WARRANTY- LUDLUM 12 w/ NaI Detector

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=58289&item=3840270964&rd=1

This unit is being offered currently for $712 with a warranty, and can

provide a quick semi-quantitative indication of Pu-239 or U-235.

On Fri, 28 Jan 2005 16:18:37 -0800 (PST), Gerry Blackwood

--

Stewart Farber

Consulting Scientist

1285 Wood Ave.